Technology can be a game-changer for retail businesses wanting to streamline core administrative functions. Read on for five retail-friendly management systems that will make your business more efficient.
Whether you’re hiring Christmas casuals or a new store manager, finding a new team member takes a lot of time and paperwork. HR software, such as BambooHR, can simplify the hiring process.
Designed for small-to-medium-sized businesses, one of Bamboo HR’s key features is the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), which lets business owners and managers easily track, manage and evaluate applicants.
Handy functions include the ability to:
- Create and customise job adverts and post them directly to free job sites and social media.
- Send emails to multiple applicants simultaneously.
- Leave comments and ratings on applicant profiles.
- See which of your job advertisements performed the best.
Payroll software can streamline the often time-consuming and complex job of paying employees accurately. From super, sick days and holiday pay, to tax deductions and student loans, payroll software can calculate and automate payments for your team, regardless of whether they’re full-time, casual or contractors. Intuit Quickbooks, MYOB, Xero, ADP and Sage are some of payroll software options that integrate with Deputy.
Juggling budgets, staff needs and requests, and trying to predict busy days can make rostering a real challenge. Deputy makes scheduling shifts easy as it gives retail managers the ability to:
- Create rosters without fuss with its drag and drop function.
- Cost your rosters and manage your overtime to be within budget.
- Compile rosters for multiple stores and set employee preferences by age, experience and wage.
- Publish rosters and send them to your team via email, text or push notifications.
- Open shifts that may need to be covered, like when someone calls in sick.
- Better manage seasonal rostering changes when integrated with Point of Sale (PoS) systems and weather feeds.
Inventory management systems track a business’s inventory and sales, returns and stock movement (i.e. between stores). Giving them an accurate and timely overview of what stock they have on hand and where it is to better manage it. Vend and Square are two retail-friendly inventory management systems that integrate with Deputy.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems help – as its name suggests – businesses manage their customer relationships better. CRMs are online databases that store customer contact details and purchases and interactions with the business. They allow businesses to better understand their customer base and personalise their services and communications.
Find out how Deputy can take the hard work out of your small business administrative tasks, saving you time and leaving you free to focus on growing your business. Get in touch with our friendly team today on 1300 DEPUTY to learn more.